TT supports Marathon for Peace
- TT – main sponsor of Dili Marathon 2013;
- Assistance in the organization and promotion of the event together with the Ministry of Tourism and Dili Athletic Federation;
- Distribution of merchandise and event animation.
Pursuant to the development of Timor-Leste society, Timor Telecom (TT) joints Dili City of Peace Marathon for the fourth consecutive time
, within its social responsibility strategy which aligns with the promotion of peace and unity in Timor-Leste.
In order to make public its strong link to these principles, TT will participate in the event with a team that already comprises 50 people participating in the four different competitions.
The conception and organization of the City of Peace Marathon 2013 aims at offering maximum security to all participants, avoiding obstructions during the four competitions. Participants can choose which competition they want to take part of:
- 5km Run: VIP favoured run. It starts at Cristo Rei, at 6:30am, and finishes just in front of the Palácio do Governo;
- 10km Run: Also set to start at 6:30am, it starts in Tassitolu and the line is in front of the Palácio do Governo;
- Half-Marathon (21km): it starts at 6:30am at the Palácio do Governo, finishing at the same place;
- Marathon (42km):same track as Half-Marathon to be run twice.
1000 children will take part of the 5Km run. This year City of Peace Marathon will also count with the participation of two TT high competition Athletes: Juventina Napoleão and Augusto Soares, who are both Olympic marathoners.
TT, as a Landline and Mobile Telecommunications Operator with ten years of history, gives one more step in getting closer to the Timorese population, not only by supporting sports as a healthy life-style but also by simultaneously promoting communication as a crucial means of contact among all Timorese people.