Timor Telecom presentsTT Elite Athletes 2015
Timor Telecom (TT) renewed the contract with the Timor Leste Cycling Federation (FCTL) on Tuesday, March 11, 2015, and presented the TT Elite Athletes teamto strengthen its strategic association with Timorese sports, and cycling in particular.
As the Official Sponsor of FCTL, TT thus increases its investment in the future of Timorese cycling, by continuing to support the TT Elite Athletes project, which this year has four cyclists: two in BMX and two in MTB.
- Zefemia Santos Soares Babo (BMX athlete). Born on 8 May 1996.
- David Espírito Santo Morais (BMX athlete). Nascido a 18 de julho de 1997.
- Sebastiao Domingos Ximenes Belo (MTB athlete). Born on 18 July 1997.
- Henrique Horta (MTB athlete). Born on 20 July 1998.
TT has decided to start this strategic sponsorship to athletes in 2013 aiming to consolidate its presence in sports, other than football.
With this support, the TT Elite Athletes achieved great results in the first year, and improved their international experience in the following year:
- 1st place in the International Mountain Bike Bali biking in Indonesia;
- 1st place in the Peace Cup in 2013;
- 1st place in the national Championship 2013;
- Relevant positions in the international UCI ranking in Mountain Bike.
- Vietnam Tour : 4 cyclists
- Asian RoadBike Championship in Kazakhstan : 1 cyclist
- Bali BikingChallenge, in Indonesia: 6 cyclists
- Asian Games in South Korea: 2 cyclists
- Participation in training and World Junior rack Championship in South Korea: 2 cyclists
- Langkaw International MTB Challenge, in Malaysia: 4 cyclists
- MTB Asian Games in, in Indonesia: 2 cyclists
- BMX Asian Games in, in Indonesia: 2 cyclists
- Khatulistiwa Tour, inIndonesia: 4 cyclists
The TT Elite Athletes 2015 will be supported by last year’s team, consisting of athletes and their coaches and mechanics, to support the current young athletes.
About the TT Elite Athletes
The TT Elite Athletes is a solid team of young Timorese athletes with strong potential, known in the international arena, supported by TT as part of its strategy to help those who have talent, perseverance, creativity, effectiveness, value, and competitiveness. With this strategy, TT aims to encourage sports at national level, also helping to disclose the best to the world, creating a network of TT “ambassadors” who represent the colors of Timor-Leste abroad.